Friday, October 8, 2010

All Dressed Up With Nowhere to Go

I've got my plans drawn-up, know what I will be displaying but need to get an estimate and some cash to get my built-in for the back entry created. You may have wondered what the gaping crevice in Behind Door Number... was for, if you didn't read that entry anyways. Well, surprise!, its for a built-in for both storage, display and for being able to drop stuff as we walk in the door.

I want the countertop to be crema marfil marble. It sounds a little absurd but this is such a small space that it should be pretty easy and inexpensive to get a remnant piece. I think it would hold up to a lot more use than just a wooden top. I also want the top shelf doors to be glass but not just any glass, I want chickenwire glass. I've seen it listed many times on the internet I just have to figure out how to get it at a reasonable price. I think it would give a lot of character to the piece though. Otherwise this is pretty straightforward!

No comments:

Post a Comment