Thursday, October 7, 2010

Drat

I came up with a brilliant idea, well actually I didn't come up with it, I saw it on Knock-Off Wood and thought it could be perfect for the pantry once I adjusted a few things.

I measured, planned and even taped it all out on the back of the door then my dad said the casters wouldn't work on the wood floor and would just damage it. Then I was reminded multiple times by no less than 7 people and an equal number of "are you nuts" looks that this project was not going to work for multiple reasons.

1. The door is hollow
2. Hollow doors can't hold a lot of weight even with special back-up support systems
3. The door is hollow

So the plan was killed but maybe someone without a hollow door and wooden floors would benefit so I thought I'd post my idea anyways. Here you go!


No comments:

Post a Comment