Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Garlic Vinaigrette

Ok, so one thing about me & cooking is that I don't like to measure and will just eyeball everything and go by taste so all measurements are subject to be edited to your own particular tastes!

I love garlic and so does Tim (we were Italians in another life) so this dressing sounded awesome. I got the idea from a Rachel Ray show and I was too lazy to look up the recipe so I came up with my own (that according to my guess is probably pretty close).


I peeled all of the cloves from a bulb of garlic and put them into a pan on low heat with about 3 tbsp of olive oil and let them cook until they were throughly browned on all sides. I then transferred them to the blender and pulverized them before adding in about 1/4c olive oil and about 1/8c red wine vinegar. I thought it needed something else so I added in about 5-6 tbsp apple cider vinegar as well. To be honest I have no idea really what the difference is but figured there had to be one.

It was excellent and we ate all of it. I was even tempted to lick my bowl...I didn't but I really wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment