Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reuse, Reduce, Recycle

Don't get me wrong, I have the reusable grocery bags. I just always remember to bring them into the store right as I'm checking out. I feel terrible throwing away all of those plastic bags and we actually do use them pretty frequently so I purchased a grocery bag organizer by Simple Human.

Initially I placed the organizer on the cabinet door with the adhesive strips.


Failure. Please excuse the below picture as I was trying to get a shot of of its instability as it crashed on me.


First I had to figure out where I wanted to place it inside of the cabinet.


Then I marked where the screws needed to be once the organizer was in its final position.


Next I moved the organizer and got the screws into the wall.


Finally I slipped the organizer onto the screws and filled it up with the grocery bags.


After I pulled out the first bag I realized that I probably should've screwed the screws in so it was tight to the wall and won't shake and rattle every time I pull out a bag. So far I haven't had any initiative to pull out all of the bags, get down there and get it taken care of but I'm sure it will bug me enough to take care of it soon.

4 comments:

  1. You just solved my problem I was trying to figure out last night. Thanks! Now I just have to find space inside of a cabinet to put one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad I could help! We picked this one up at Bed, Bath and Beyond :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird I have that exact trash bag holder in pretty much the exact location under our sink. :) Good Idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Isn't it great? This is one of those things we use on a daily basis although I wish I had installed it just a little lower as I scrape my hand on the top of the cabinet when I'm stuffing in new bags. Regardless, Simple Human is now one of my favorite brands!

    ReplyDelete