Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gobble Gobble 'Till You Wobble: Home Edition

Back to Thanksgiving, I never realized it until I started writing these but I guess this is one of my favorite holidays. I mean the Macy's Day Parade is on, you get together with your families (and family friends at times), there are some excellent movies on, you get to engorge yourself in food AND at least in my family it means the Christmas season is only a day away. See growing up my dad had a very strict rule that anything Christmas related (i.e. wish lists, music, decor, etc.) could only make its appearance between the day after Thanksgiving until the day after Christmas. I hated it back then but now I see that it makes sense as with only a limited appearance it makes it all the more special when it does come around!

Ok, so I already told my my ideal Thanksgiving table set-up which isn't happening anytime soon so back to real-life and I'll let you in on what decor is most likely to actually happen.

1. A wreath - don't think there are any surprises here. I believe my fascination with wreaths has something to do with the peeping Tom incident (although it was more like a peeping Jane) found here. Ever since that fateful day I've been going over-the-top to make the house looked lived in so we don't have anymore fun instances such as that. Wreaths seem to really make the "someone lives here so don't come peeking in any windows" statement more than anything else I've found.


2. My next idea would be a mat, once again no surprises there but when you don't have any rugs a welcome mat becomes uber important to try to keep as much dirt out of the house as possible. Might as well keep the mat flowing with the seasons right?


3. Finally I'd like to "trick out" the house with various sizes of pumpkins & gourds in all shapes and colors too, even putting some in the flower baskets on the rails (maybe nestle them into some fern/grass type stuff if I make that happen).

2 comments:

  1. hahah "trick out"..you should do some glitter pumpkins! i'm sure Tim would LOVE that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My color personality does like a lot of "sparkle"...hmmm

    ReplyDelete