Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Excuse Me While I Powder My Nose

Powder Room, Half-Bath, Water Closet. There are lots of names for it but when you really think about it none seem to truly fit. Anyways, meet our guest bathroom.


Its got some good bones, pretty basic but it does its duty. The trash can & toilet paper box were my birthday gifts from Tim's mom and yes, they are from Pottery Barn. The candles and holders were a wedding/housewarming gift from Tim's parent's neighbors. They fill up that empty spot and the candles are vanilla scented which is pretty awesome because you can smell them each time you walk by.

Things we have left to do here:


1. Get a vanity sink - When we first built the house we had the option to do a vanity sink then but didn't have the money. This is still a long term goal but I like the idea of having a place to put some stuff without worrying about it falling into the sink. Restoration Hardware has one, for an insane $2,000 on sale, that I will be using as a reference point to find one for us. They even offer the Crema Marfil Marble which matches the hearth of our fireplace.




2. Get a rug - Yet again, not surprising, but for two in a row I have found them other places than Pottery Barn. This one is on sale for only $14 at Ballard Designs, think I'm going to take the plunge and get this for sure.


3. Get a snazzy new faucet for the pretty new vanity - All of our accessories are oil-rubbed bronze so I want to get something to match. I found a vintage looking one I'm a pretty big fan of over at Delta.


4. Get some art - I love these prints from Ballard Designs. I'd have to wait until they actually arrived to decide if I'd put them over the toilet or on the bigger wall to the left of it. I do like the way all of them look together though so I guess that means I need to buy the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment