Friday, July 23, 2010

Eat, Drink and Be Merry

Tonight its all about the Dining Room, the least used room in our house. When we started to build the house we opted out of an eat-in kitchen for the simple fact that we typically will just plop down on the couches in front of the TV and hang out while we eat. We do have a table and chairs in the dining room right now but those are leftover from Tim's college days (aka they are covered in marks from many games of quarters). It is convenient when we have parties to put the food on and have people easily walk around.




I do love our light fixture and that will most definately stick around. The table and chair have got to go though. Half of the rungs are missing so Tim & I are always trying to make sure guests don't sit in them and end up on the floor by the end of dinner.

Things we have left to do here:


1. Get a rug - I want something thats pretty tough like jute but still is soft on your bare feet, enter the chenille jute basketweave rug from Pottery Barn. It even has the same color scheme I like through the rest of the house.




2. Get a china cabinet -  Sorry for the fuzzy picture but I saw this at a store called Dutchman's when Tim & I went on our mini-moon this year. They were the perfect mix of Anthropologie, Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware all in one, my dream come true.




3. Get a table -  I found this one while my cousin and I were out furniture shopping at Bassett one day and love the concept because when it expands it doesn't become an oval. You add the additions around the edge so it becomes a bigger circle. Not a huge deal but for some reason I just don't like oval shapes. Yes, it is weird, I know...


4. Buy some chairs we aren't afraid of letting our guests sit in - Pottery Barn, surprise, surprise, has some that I've had my eye on. I think I want to get 8, six to stay around the table and two extras I can store in the corners to either side of the china cabinet for extra guests.




5. Cover the tan - Obviously this room has the same issue as many of the others in the house with its overabundance of neutral.  I want to get something to add a little color to all of that so I need to figure out some artwork to go in there. 


6. Get some curtains - Once again just to finish off the room I'l like some curtains over the double windows. Plus its extra protection from our friendly peeping house-hunters.





No comments:

Post a Comment