Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chipotle Night, Part 2

Continuing on from yesterday, time for all of the sides...

First up, the Corn Salsa. This was incredible easy, all I had to do was take a bag of Trader Joe's frozen corn, squeeze a lime on it and mix it with a jalapeno pepper (we aren't big fans of hot so I didn't use much) before letting it sit overnight & it was ready to go the next night. It could have been much better had I remembered to put the red onion in it.




Next up, the Cilantro Lime Rice. I pulled this recipe from Pinterest as well. First I rinsed off the rice and let it soak for about ten minutes.






While it soaked I heated up a teaspoon of olive oil with a teaspoon of sugar.


Once it was all nice & toasty I added in the drained rice and made sure it was all coated with the oil before squeezing the juice of a lime onto it.





I then added water and some salt, covered the pan and let it cook for about 15 minutes before adding some chopped cilantro.

Next up I set out the pork, rice, corn salsa, regular tomato salsa, the sauce leftover from the pork, tortillas, cheese, sour cream & the pickled onions I spoke about here before we all got to work on that feast. Needless to say there were not any leftovers that night!


No comments:

Post a Comment