Monday, October 3, 2011

Chipotle Night, Part 1

Everyone has their personal favorite whether it is Moe's, Qdoba, Salsarita's or Chipotle. For me, Chipotle is the hands-down winner. All of their food just tastes so fresh & delicious. A few weeks ago we had a friend over for dinner & I made all of the fixings for a Chipotle night (thank you Pinterest).

Before I left for work I followed this recipe except for deciding to put it in a crock-pot so everything could be good to go when I got home. I placed a 3 lb pork butt into the crock-pot & sprinkled it with salt.


I then quartered an orange and squeezed it over the pork & placed those quarters into the crock-pot, I also quartered and onion & placed that in as well with 4 cloves of garlic, a few bay leaves & a cinnamon stick. I turned the crock-pot to High and headed to work for the next 8 hours.


When I came home, this is what I found.


I pulled out the meat, strained out the juice and pulled out the orange slices, bay leaves and cinnamon stick leaving only the onions & garlic cloves.


I then pureed the onions and garlic with a little bit of the liquid, combined that back with the rest of the liquid and brought it up to a boil.


I cooked this down to be about half the original amount and put it off to the side.






I then shredded the meat, after cooking it so slowly it just fell apart on me.


Next up, the side items....

No comments:

Post a Comment