Friday, September 30, 2011

Caramel Frappacino

Tim & I both love starting each summer day with a Starbucks Caramel Frappacino. Unfortunately the bill for 10 Frappacinos a week is incredibly steep. I decided to start trying to make our own at the house after my sister gifted me with a Magic Bullet for my birthday this year. I'll be the first to admit that it is not exactly the same but at least with these I know exactly what is going into them & that they are a lot healthier than the Starbucks version.

First I add some sugar into the bottom of the cup.


Then I added in some caramel syrup I purchased at Whole Foods, probably about a tablespoon.






You can either add in some espresso or I like to use coffee I freeze into ice cubes and throw those in there. If you are using the espresso you will need to add ice. I just choose to skip that step which also keeps it from getting watered down.


Next, add in about 1/2 a cup of cream or milk. Check out all of these layers of flavors.


Then all you have to do is blend that sucker up until it looks like this.


But wait, there's more....check out this gorgeous contraption from Trader Joe's. It has two types of sugar crystals, chocolate bits & coffee beans & grinds it into your drink, on top of your cupcake, into your mouth....not that I've done that or anything...






Here is the goodness in the cup & ready to go. Have a great morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment