Monday, October 10, 2011

Wreath Renewal

The wreath on our front door has seen better days. It used to be a pretty green color but has now faded away into more of a light Smurf blue.


Since structurally it's still pretty solid I decided I would just spray paint it to give it new life.

I started out by laying it on the ground of the lot next door so I didn't end up with a funky colored lawn or driveway and used a yellow for the base. I didn't want it to be solid as I still wanted a hint of the greenish/blue peeking through.


Here is how it looked after the first coat.


Next up, a deep red/burgundy color. I layered it in so the yellow and blue/green still also showed.



Here are the results of that quick spray.




Next up, an orange. I wanted more of a deep orange but settled as it wasn't available. I sprayed it on and again let all of the other colors peek back through.



Here is the result of that quick spray.



Finally, I wanted something just to take the brightness of the colors down a bit so I sprayed a quick coat of a beige I already had.



Here she is in all of her glory.



I let it dry for about 10 minutes, threaded the ribbon back through and placed it back on the door as good as new!


No comments:

Post a Comment