Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm Back!

So its been a crazy few months but I think we have our feet (mostly) back under us again (as they should be). I'll spare the details but essentially Tim is still on chemo and likely will be indefinitely. The good news out of all of this is that we now know the drill and have a schedule of basically holing up in the house every other Wed-Fri as he receives treatments.

My job has been AMAZING, I can't say enough good things about them. They've allowed me to work from home on the days Tim is getting treatment which is such a huge stress relief for me and it allows me to make sure he is getting enough fluid intake.

In the midst of everything else we've also seen just how incredible people are. We've been surrounded by an incredible generous group of friends & family which we've known for some time but all of them as well as many strangers have gone above and beyond the call of duty to help us through some of the most trying of times over the past few months.

I haven't been up to too much over the past few months but I have made a few edits to the house here & there & have picked up a few skills (that I'm still pretty rusty at) to help with stress relief and keep me busy. We're working on improving our eating habits (its a sloooooow improvement) so I'll be sure to start sharing the recipes that are actually good in case anyone else cares to clean-up their eating as well. I will state for the record that I really miss processed food right now :).

So lots to come! (ok, technically not lots as of right now but I work in advertising so I had to add a little spin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment