Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rainbow Effect

So I was inspired by this picture I found on Pinterest:


My cousin's baby shower is coming up & I decided that this could be a really amazing gift for the nursery (well, I'd put it up in there at least...hopefully she will feel the same!). I decided I would try it out.

I bought a canvas and a 64 pack of crayons as well as some Gorilla Glue. First thing first, I grouped the crayons by the color of their wrapper. From there I placed it in ROYGBIV order (is my OCD showing?) and glued them all to the top of the canvas.


After letting it dry I then borrowed a heat gun from a friend of my dad & blasted away at the crayons until they started dripping.


After that dried up and cooled off a bit I blasted it with the heat gun again.


and again


one last time...


until I got my final product (sorry the picture is so bad, I had Tim hold it & we were both laughing)


Hopefully she really likes it!

2 comments:

  1. Thank ya! I have a store on Etsy now where I'm *hopefully* going to sell some!

    ReplyDelete