Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunday Dinner, Part Dos

Here are all of the veggies we had with our dinner Sunday. With some edits I'll be doing all of these again!

I'll do the one I forgot to take pictures of first :)

Caprese Salad

First I put about a cup of balsamic vinegar on the stove to reduce, I brought it to a boil and let it reduce by half whisking the entire time (technically the whisking was Tim's job). Once it was reduced I pulled it off the heat and let it cool a bit. While Tim was whisking away I was cutting a container (all but 1/4c) of cherry tomatoes in half and slicing up a ball (is that is what its called?) of mozzarella to be the same size as the tomatoes. I drizzled them with some olive oil, added in some salt and pepper and poured on the balsamic reduction. After chiffonading (SAT word) the basil I added it in and mixed it all up. Here is the final result!


Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

First I sliced up two tomatoes into six slices and placed them into a greased casserole dish. I salted, peppered and garlic powdered them before drizzling with olive oil.


I stacked on about a tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese and added some basil before placing them into the oven with the chicken for about 15 minutes (at 475). I think next time I may mix the parmesan with a bit of mayo (its my inner Paula speaking) before placing on the tomatoes but they were still pretty good as is.


Stuffed Zucchini

First we washed the zucchini & chopped the ends off before slicing them in half.






Tim then scooped out the insides making sure not to get too close to the edges or the bottom and placed them into a greased casserole dish.


I chopped up the insides of the zucchini and mixed it with a 1/4 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes, 1/4 tsp of curry powder, 2 tbsp of sour cream, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of thyme and a little bit of pepper. I think next time I'll up it to 1/2 tsp of curry powder and throw in a few red pepper flakes to give it a little kick.





I spooned the mixture back into the zucchini boats and topped it with parmesan cheese. I placed it into the 475 degree oven with the chicken for about 20 minutes. Here is the final product!


It was all pretty delicious and will be a repeat down the road!

2 comments:

  1. yum! Everything sounds delicious, but I definitely want to give the zucchini a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really good! I would recommend adding more curry (if you like it) and putting more parmesan on the top so it gets nice & brown!

    ReplyDelete