Monday, November 1, 2010

Don't Quiche and Tell - Meatless Monday: Week Five

For some reason over the past year or two I've developed quite the affinity for quiche. I thought it would be the perfect addition for Meatless Monday and although Tim & I both agreed it was good we thought it would be really good with bacon. So here is what we did for the meatless variety.

I rolled out a pre-made pie crust into a pic dish while Tim sauteed onions & spinach (although you can use whatever meats & vegetables you personally like). I went ahead and mixed up 3 eggs, about 3/4 c of cream and 1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar cheese. I also added in 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/3 tsp of black pepper, 1/4 tsp of paprika and 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.

We layered in the vegetables at the bottom of the crust and placed the mixture on top before baking on 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the top puffs up and turns slightly brown. You're supposed to let it sit for about 10 minutes first but it was pretty late and we were hungry so we dug in for a slice. It was the most successful Meatless Monday we've had thus far. Glad to finally be 2 for 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment